getting emacs to work on Solaris 5.8

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: getting emacs to work on Solaris 5.8
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:50:35 +0100

J> # /usr/local/bin/emacs -nw ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/emacs: fatal:
J> libXaw3d.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory Killed

J> Looks like I'm missing a library here or something. Any ideas?

One is to locate where the library is and then alter the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
accordingly.

If the  library is missing (or  you have a different  version) you can
either rebuild the library or Emacs from the source.

The latter is  trivial, at least if you have a  compiler (read: if you
installed GCC :) )

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/