Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:07:29 GMT

> If one happens to have sane bold and italic fonts, probably not the
> worst idea.

Such things don't just happen.  I actually made up my own italics version of
misc-fixed-semicondensed since it didn't exist.  Nowadays, it comes
standard so I ditched my home-grown font.

>> Have you tried my new doctex-mode ?  It's not using AUCTeX so it's
>> probably no good for you, but you might like the idea.
> The thing in CVS?  That merely fiddles with fontlock, right?

Right.  Tho not the faces part of font-lock, but the syntactic part (the
face part then automatically follows from it).

>> I don't hack on such docs enough to have a good feel for what would
>> be really useful, tho.  The idea is just to try and turn those "code
>> in comment" back into non-comments.

> We (actually, mostly Ralf Angeli) currently are working on filling and
> insertion and other stuff in AUCTeX that will accept comments as a
> separate syntax domain with regard to LaTeX command insertion and
> indentation.  Separate branch named new-fill, currently.  Very
> impressive.

I don't actually understand what that means.  Can you show an example?

> Well, _if_ it is not important then I would not be writing a comment
> in the first place!  Far too lazy for that.

Well, I could say that making comments less legible forces one to read them
slowly so one better understands them ;-)

        Stefan