Fedora Core 1 and emacs display

From: JG
Subject: Fedora Core 1 and emacs display
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:46:07 GMT

I did a clean install of fedora core 1 and find that
emacs looks like xemacs. I can use --no-windows to run
inside an xterm, but I still prefer the old style with
no icons. Also, the fonts look much worse.

Anyone know if the fedora community changed something
or am I missing something obvious?

These are the rpms I have installed:
[root@home root]$ rpm -qa | grep emacs
emacs-leim-21.3-7
emacs-21.3-7

I do not have xemacs installed, and googling for
help has not turned up anything yet. I copied over
my trusty .emacs file and had no luck.

Thanks in advance.