Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 04:39:28 GMT

> I am using this with a recent built from source; I have a link (and a
> mirror) of binaries from mindlube on the page for your convenience.

I assume you're working with the CVS version of Emacs, so it would be good
to send such messages to emacs-devel@gnu.org and to try and get some of
your changes installed in Emacs-CVS.

> - OS X standard keyboard shortcuts: Apple-S saves a file, Apple-Q for
> quit, Apple-C/X/V for clipboard operations, Apple-F to find a string -
> and many more

What is `Apple' mapped to in Emacs terms?  If those bindings override some
of the default bindings, then maybe it would be better to get your behavior
by hacking on cua-mode.

> - Emacs has a normal menu.

Good.

> - When you load a file, a new window opens (Emacs calls this: a frame). (
> Closing with Apple-W currently has a few glitches.)

This seems completely orthogonal to the OS you're running on.

> - Mouse Wheel works

Didn't it already work before?

        Stefan