Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!

From: Floyd L. Davidson
Subject: Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:07:15 -0900

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote:
>floyd@barrow.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:
>
>> This is indeed a significant problem.  I've tried, with no
>> success, to find a way to change font-lock face colors when
>> switching between major modes.  That is because what for me is
>> appropriate for C or Lisp programming is one set, which just
>> makes TeX too hard to look at, or the other way around.
>
>You could create faces fld-lisp-font-lock-comment-face and
>fld-c-font-lock-comment-face, and then do
>
>(make-local-variable 'font-lock-comment-face)
>(setq font-lock-comment-face 'fld-lisp-font-lock-command-face)
>
>in lisp-mode-hook and the corresponding thing in c-mode-hook.  Does it
>work?

Unfortunately, no it doesn't.  Whichever hook is run last, still
sets the colors for all other modes.

I tried a few variations on that too, and they all do
essentially the same.  I've used copy-face instead of setq to
change the font-lock- face.  I've used set-face-foreground to
change the color, and have tried it on the font-lock- face after
it has been changed, and on the fld-font-lock- face before it is
used to set the font-lock- face.

In all cases the results were the same.

I have figured out how to write a major mode of my own that can
be changed independantly of others, but I'd like to figure out
how to do it entirely within the init files and not have to
modify any distribution lisp files.

--
Floyd L. Davidson           <http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@barrow.com