Re: hide mode-line

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: hide mode-line
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:14:43 -0500

   I think I figured out the second of these --

Actually, now I think I rejoiced too soon.

   M-: (make-frame (quote ((minibuffer . only))))

This gives a setup that works for me visually.  But unfortunately,
it is pretty limited technically, producing messages like this:

 find-file: Cannot switch buffers in minibuffer window

Is there a way to do something like the above command but work
around the limitation(s) on minibuffer windows?