Re: read-file-name

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: read-file-name
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:42:15 -0600

Elvin Peterson wrote:
> Kevin Rodgers wrote:
>> I don't see any difference in the behavior of read-file-name when DIR is
>> an absolute vs. relative path.  If I type RET at the prompt, both of
>> these forms return DIR:
>>
>> (read-file-name "Image File: " "images")
>> (read-file-name "Image File: " "/images")
>
> Yes, the behavior is the same if you press RET.  However, it is
> completely different for TAB completion, where the first one fails in
> tha absence of the let workaround.

Ah, well you didn't mention completion in either of your 2 previous
posts.

It does seem to be a bug, that read-file-name signals an error when
insert-default-directory is non-nil and DIR is a relative file name, and
the user types TAB or ?.  So I'm cross-posting this to gnu.emacs.bug and
directing followups there.

--
Kevin Rodgers