Re: grep can help?

From: Albert Reiner
Subject: Re: grep can help?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:27:52 GMT

FCC <fcc509@netscape.net> writes:

> > Hello all,
> > Here is what I am trying to do: I have fortran90 source files full
> > of comments everywhere. A comment starts with ! and continues until
> OK, I think I solved my problem: replace-regexp "!.*" " " and all the
> comments are gone, and the line numbers are unchanged. Now, the

Just to point out the obvious: This does not take into account
exclamation marks in string constants, and the standard also allows
you to write F90 in fixed format in which case you might use ! in
column 5 (?) for continuation lines.  Of course it depends on your
code whether this is a problem; a general solution would need to parse
F90 in both formats.

Albert.