Re: Accessiing the CVS tip for Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Accessiing the CVS tip for Emacs
Date: 29 Apr 2004 07:49:12 +0200

> From: Peter Milliken <PeterM@resmed.com.au>
> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:53:13 +1000
>
> Sorry for the repeat, I posted this to gnu@gnu.org but possibly that was the
> wrong place?

The right place for such requests is emacs-devel@gnu.org, the Emacs
development mailing list.

> I would dearly love to trial the latest source of Emacs but am behind a
> firewall and therefore cannot get access to the CVS repository.
>
> Is there any way of getting a nightly snapshot (or less frequent if that is
> a problem :-)) of the CVS source tar'd and gzip'd and placed somewhere on
> the web-site? (savanah that is).

For this, someone will have to volunteer to produce such snapshots and
set up the necessary machinery, site, etc.  No one did, as of now.

It should be easier for you to find a way around your firewall.  To
begin, find out what ports are not blocked by it, and then ask on
emacs-devel for further advice.