font locking problem

From: Lowell Kirsh
Subject: font locking problem
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 19:32:26 -0700

I am having emacs problems. First, here is my entire .emacs file:

(require 'font-lock)
(require 'lazy-lock)
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq font-lock-support-mode 'lazy-lock-mode)

Now here's my problem: I start up (GNU) emacs and then try to visit a java file. The computer beeps and in the minibuffer it says:

"Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil"

and doesn't display the file on the screen. But when I do a C-x b, it shows that the file has been loaded into a buffer. And there's one more problem - the java file buffer thinks it's been modified, even though it hasn't. When visiting that buffer, I try to undo but there is "no more undo information".

Any ideas? This seems like a bug to me, but I don't want to jump to conclusions too soon.

Lowell