Re: Anti-aliased fonts support ?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Anti-aliased fonts support ?
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 15:45:50 GMT

> There's a patch to add libxft support to Emacs, but the last time I
> tried it, it was still quite unpolished[*].

Right it is still work-in-progress and hasn't seen much progres in
a while now.  The Arch branch is authoritative AFAIK.

> [*] Indeed, for me it barely worked at all, even with lots of fiddling.
>     However from the author's screenshot I gather he had better luck,
>     so I guess it probably depends on what fonts you have installed, etc.

Last time I talked to the guy he said that he hasn't implemented the
font-selection part of the code, only the display so you get a hard-coded
helvetica and that's it.  Also there were a few display glitches when
I tried it.

I'd love to see this work developed further.

        Stefan