Re: Problem with Spell Checker under Emacs

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: Problem with Spell Checker under Emacs
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 00:31:13 +0200

qquito@hotmail.com (Quito Quito) writes:

> Nevertheless,  the problem  I  mentioned in  the  beginning of  this
> thread still occurs fairly frequently. Sigh!

Anyway, the suggestion wouldn't have solved anything. It just ease the
diagnosis.

Can you  try something else:  Type M-x set-variable  RET debug-on-quit
RET t RET (RET stands for the return key).

Then, try to reproduce the  problem, and when your Emacs freezes, type
C-g.  This  is  to  interupt  the  current  task.  With  the  variable
debug-on-quit set to t, this should display a debug backtrace.

Can  you  post the  result  here  (if it's  too  long,  just take  the
beginning and the end).

--
Matthieu