Re: Persisting centered cursor with Scroll Lock key

From: Eric Eide
Subject: Re: Persisting centered cursor with Scroll Lock key
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 18:03:58 -0600 (MDT)

"Kai" == Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

        Kai> Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
        >> Yes, C-u 1 and then PgUp/PgDn is what I want to see.

        Kai> Does this mean that scroll-in-place works after all?

Probably.

        Kai> So what you now need is to define single-line scrolling commands.

The comments in the `scroll-in-place.el' file talk about doing this, and give
some sample code.

        Kai> Then you need to rebind keys C-n, C-p and so on to use the
        Kai> scrolling commands instead of previous-line and next-line, and so
        Kai> on.
        Kai>
        Kai> Then you need to write a function which does this and another
        Kai> which undoes it, and then bind a command to the scroll-lock key
        Kai> which calls one or the other function.

"This is left as an exercise for the reader." :-).

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX