Re: windmove

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: windmove
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 11:38:49 -0500

   > windmove-do-window-select: No window down from selected window
   >
   > However, that contradicted what I saw on my monitor.

   I noticed this problem some time ago, too. There is a workaround that
   helps in many (but not all) cases:

   (setq windmove-window-distance-delta 4)

Setting it to 4 didn't seem to work, but setting it to 2 made it
possible to run the function.  You are right that it doesn't help in
every case... for example, with my windows set up something like
this,

        .    c    C         .
        .    A    .    B    .
        .    d    D         .

windmode-right from `A' gets me to window `B' (good)
windmove-right from `a' puts me in window `C' (bad)
windmove-down from `c' puts me in window `A' (good)
windmove-up from `d' triggers the error message (bad)