Re: Setting mwheel down/up to new function

From: burlo_stumproot
Subject: Re: Setting mwheel down/up to new function
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:34:32 GMT

jasonr (Jason Rumney) @  f2s.com writes:

> burlo_stumproot@notvalid.se writes:
>
> > I know, I know but my ntemacs is only used for gnus
> >
> > But somthing is grabbing my mouse scrolling before this
> > (global-set-key [mouse-4] 'gnus-summary-next-page) has a chance
> > to run.
>
> Unlike the usual X configuration, Windows does not map the mouse wheel
> to mouse-4 and mouse-5. Try [wheel-up] and [wheel-down] instead.

I tried that also, but all I ever get when using the mouse wheel
is mouse-wheel-scroll-line.

A C-h c gives "<mouse-wheel> runs the command mouse-wheel-scroll-line"
no matter if I scroll the mouse-wheel up or down.

So it seems that the up or down is not mapped separatly????
More confused than ever.....

I can remap the <mouse-wheel> easyly enough to gnus-summary-next-page
but i miss gnus-summary-goto-prev-page for the full keyboardless news session