Re: project object browser

From: Micha Feigin
Subject: Re: project object browser
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:03:48 +0300

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:45:17AM +0100, Jason Rumney wrote:
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:
>
> > Its the main feature I currently miss. I found M-/ and C-M-/ for
> > completion, (which seems to and indicate that the functionality can
> > exist) and ecb gives me a view of the current file (which replaces the
> > function menu that I miss from xemacs).
>
> The function menu is imenu, and is available in Emacs as well. But if
> you have ECB then you already have a "class browser" as part of that.

ecb doesn't exactly have a class browser. When in the header file it
does show the class, but when in the .cpp file it just shows the
functions grouped by class. I can't see the class member variables for
example (the main feature I am missing).

I guess that part of the problem is that emacs doesn't have am idea on
a project and thus doesn't know where to get the class definition.