ansi/vt100 cursor issue

From: Barnaby Falls
Subject: ansi/vt100 cursor issue
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:25:32 -0700

I run emacs 21.2 on Linux and want to get the color syntax highlighting and all that. When I run with TERM=vt100 I get a gray and bold highlighting and the cursor appears where it should. However, if I run with TERM=ansi, I get the cool color syntax highlighting but the cursor is all the way in the top right corner of the window and some text is wrapped and starts at the end of the previous line. This all just regular text emacs, no X. Any ideas on how to correct this so I can get emacs working with TERM=ansi? Thanks all.
Barnaby. . .