Vim like auto indent mode

From: Ding Lei
Subject: Vim like auto indent mode
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:55:00 +0800

Hello folks,
        Under JDE/C++/C mode, Emacs will auto indent upon some symbols like an
ending parenthess("{") or a semi-colon, but I really hope that it will auto
indent immediately I press the return key.
        For example, When I type:
        for (;;;) {
        Emacs should indent by one tab, but actually it now will indent only
after I type the semicolon.

        Any Ideas ? Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

<((         D i n g    L e i         ))))))>>
 || Ext: 8102                            ||
 || Email: <dinglei [A] ipanel [O] cn>   ||
 || Dept. Of Technology/Engineering      ||
 || Embedded Information Services Inc.   ||

If time heals all wounds, how come the belly button stays the same?