Re: ansi/vt100 cursor issue

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: ansi/vt100 cursor issue
Date: 19 May 2004 21:00:36 +0900

"Barnaby Falls" <barnabyf@hotmail.com> writes:
> The colors show up nicely and I think I see what you mean by using some
> arbitrary name for the TERM setting. So it looks like the SSH shell
> client I am using doesn't support ansi. Thanks alot for clearing that
> up.

However, since you _did_ get colors when you tried it, it clearly
supports more than just vanilla vt100 attributes.  So perhaps there are
other TERM types that might actually do what you want; you might try,
for instance, "xterm", or "linux", both of which are vaguely like a
vt100 but support color.

[Of course maybe the docs for you program actually say what the true
terminal type should be!]

-miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia