Re: Which mail client?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Which mail client?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:12:57 GMT

>> seems there are many choices: gnus, rmail, vm.  Are
>> they all three still actively maintained?

Yes, and there's more.  Emacs comes also with MH-E which is a very good
system as well.  If you look at non-bundled packages, there's also Mew
and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple more.

Tho in practice if you want to directly access an IMAP mailbox (seems to be
the standard nowadays), I think Gnus is your only real choice.  he upside
of that is that it's a pretty damn good choice.  The only problem I have
with it is that its IMAP support is slow if you have many folders.

        Stefan