Re: dabbrev-hover.el v. 0.1

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: dabbrev-hover.el v. 0.1
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:28:47 +0200

Hi

When I tried your dabbrev-hover code I had complety forgotten that Emacs
21.3 does not support tooltips on MS Windows. I got it "working" by
replacing the two calls to tooltip-show to vj-tooltip-show:

    (defun vj-tooltip-show (str)
        (interactive)
        (setq header-line-format (replace-regexp-in-string "\n" ", " str)))

Maybe you could detect if tooltip is possible and the fallback to my
function.  It would be nice with some cleanup so that header-line-format
is set to "" when there are no dynamic expansions possible.

Is it suppossed to show only one suggestion? I would like to use
dabbrev-expand with a prefix argument. This would make the mode even
better.

I also think i would prefer if it did not fiddle with the RET keybinding
(customizable?).

--
Vagn Johansen