Re: Which mail client?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Which mail client?
Date: 20 May 2004 21:55:53 +0900

s1726@ii.uib.no (Steinar Børmer) writes:
> I haven't tried Gnus 5.9.0 with IMAP, but I've been told that the more
> recent versions (especially No Gnus, which I'm using) have notably
> better IMAP speed and general functionality improvements.

How's No Gnus generally for stability?

I tried it out on a lark today (while setting up the gnus arch archive),
and it flaked out pretty badly, undefined variable errors, couldn't read
mail (got it from the server, but failed to store it in my mail
folders!).  I even thought it trashed my .newsrc.eld file for a while --
it asked if I wanted to "upgrade" that file (irreversibly), recommended
I make a backup, and when I realized I'd better go back to 5.9, the
backup had been deleted!  Luckily it turned out that the "upgrade" had
failed too... :-)

However, I presume it may have simply been a bad time.

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)