Re: Which mail client?

From: exits funnel
Subject: Re: Which mail client?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:30:33 -0700 (PDT)

Okay,

I've got gnus up and running (hobbling, really) but I
need a jumpstart.  After much tinkering, my .gnus
looks very similar to this:

//BEGIN .gnus
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gnus.org"))
(setq user-mail-address "my_anme@mycompany.com")
(setq user-full-name "My Name")

;;Incoming
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnml
""))

(eval-after-load "mail-source"
  '(add-to-list 'mail-sources '(pop :server
"mypopserver-mail1"
                                    :user "My Name")))

;;Outgoing
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server
"mail.mycompany.com")
//END .gnus

when I start gnus it asks me for my password and I
briefly see a subsequent message informing me that
it's downloaded some emails from my pop server.  This
is all good, but unfortunately after spending an hour
and a half reading the info pages I still can't figure
out how to see my messages!  I'm afraid one of them
may have been something important so I'd really
appreciate a jumpstart to set me in the right
direction.  So, basically, how can I find and read the
emails I downloaded?  Thanks in advance.

-exits