Slow reverse incremental search on mac os x

From: Torbjørn Hergum
Subject: Slow reverse incremental search on mac os x
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:50:15 +0200

Hi

When I do a reverse incremental search on my mac with os x, it seems to hang for several seconds before starting the search. Forward search is snappy as it should be, it's only when going back I get problems. I can recall something about this being due to matching the zero-length character, but that does not help me much on getting it fixed. Ideas?

My version of emacs is 21.3.50.1, compiled on the mac from CVS.

Thanks!

Torbjørn