Movement mode

From: Tobias Radloff
Subject: Movement mode
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:11:17 +0200

Hi there,

I wonder if there is a way to make emacs behave like modern editors like kedit and the like, especially when it comes to paragraphs continuing over several lines. I'd like to change the behavior of the up and down keys (and that of C-P and C-N too, of course) from moving one paragraph up or down to moving one line up or down. I would like to change the behavior of pos1 and end similarly.

Since we're talking emacs here, I don't ask if it's possible but rather: how do I do it? :)

Regards
Tobias