Re: Book writing mode?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Book writing mode?
Date: 26 May 2004 18:56:46 +0200

juman <juman@chello.se> writes:

> Is there any more then me out there who write articles, books or
> longer storys and uses Emacs? If so what mode do you use for
> easy editing and do write your text using HTML, DocBook etc or
> so for easy publishing?

depends on what you mean by "easy publishing".  in my lost-youth-
wandering-around-on-two-wheels phase, i found it easiest to write
and use a "trip log" program that created a simple file from
template in which i would scribble html directly.  publishing
involved fiddling w/ delicate pcmcia analog modems and phone
cords, while twisted.[1][2]

these days i find it easiest to avoid writing text altogether (not
always possible) and stick w/ code and the occasional usenet post
(and definitely not while twisted ;-).  were i to begin afresh i
would probably choose texinfo over html.

in any case, for "easy editing", probably all you need is emacs
and some time to find/grow your preferred style.  just keep an
empty line between all paragraphs and your personal tools (which
are best developed as you go) will be happy.

thi

[1] http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/trips/
[2] http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/ttn-pers-elisp/
    (see dist-lisp-index.html and look for trl.el and wup.el)