Re: Book writing mode?

From: Brad Collins
Subject: Re: Book writing mode?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:36:53 +0700

juman@jumans.net writes:

> Is there any more then me out there who write articles, books or longer
> storys and uses Emacs? If so what mode do you use for easy editing and
> do write your text using HTML, DocBook etc or so for easy publishing?

While it's still in development, I'm moving over to Muse mode (do a
search for emacs-wiki and muse mode on Emacs Wiki) which is based on
emacs-wiki.

Muse does inline formating of wiki-markup and can then be converted
to docbook, latex, pdf, html, texinfo etc.

I'm nearly finished writing a new extension for converting to TEI-XML.

There are also tools for pulling together longer texts into books.

You'll likely need to do more than a little tweaking to get it
working the way you want, but it's a solid framework for both
authoring and published book length prose.

b/

--
Brad Collins
Chenla Labs