Re: Book writing mode?

From: upro
Subject: Re: Book writing mode?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 00:44:16 +0200

"Peter Milliken" <peterm@resmed.com.au> writes:

> Last time I looked publishers accepted Latex format - it was around before
> Word and it was created to be used by publishers and the publishing of
> books - something that is still not that wonderful an experience to do in
> Word - the number of times I have lost work because of a Word crash......
> Emacs doesn't crash and Latex does what you tell it without complaining like
> Microsoft Word.

My publisher wouldn't accept any LaTeX format, only doc or odf, as
long as the pdf is formatted exactly as he whishes - which is not _so_
easy with LaTeX...

I use emacs for writing the contents, then, if I have to, convert it
into pdf using LaTeX or submit it as txt -- but normally I use many
different font enxodings so pdflatex is a choice once you're
proficient in LaTeX...

--
Michael

r-znvy: zvpunry.wryqra  jro.qr (chg gur "@" jurer vg svgf...)