Re: Book writing mode?

From: LEE Sau Dan
Subject: Re: Book writing mode?
Date: 26 May 2004 23:33:42 +0200

>>>>> "gebser" == gebser  <gebser@speakeasy.net> writes:

    gebser> I'm sure that latex is very nice, but if you want to get
    gebser> published, you should submit manuscripts in a format which
    gebser> the agent or editor desires.

Many academic publishers, esp. those specializing in computer science,
math, do accept LaTeX manuscripts.

    gebser> For electronic submissions this is generally Word (.doc)
    gebser> format or plain text (ASCII).

Postscript has  been the industry  standard for decades, and  more and
more electronic submissions accept also  PDF files.  Both of these can
be easiliy generated from LaTeX.

    gebser> If you're submitting only hardcopy, then this matters much
    gebser> less.  If you don't care about being published, then you
    gebser> can use whatever you want.  :)

I've published a  few journal articles and conference  papers.  I only
use LaTeX.

Nowadays, I use Emacs with AUCTeX and preview-latex.  Also 'pclcvs' so
that I can use CVS to keep track of the revisions and branches.

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦                          ~{@nJX6X~}

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de