shell not allocating tty on OS X

From: Replace 'spam' with 'gnu' to send me email
Subject: shell not allocating tty on OS X
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 15:39:13 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using the Carbon build of Emacs from
http://mindlube.com/download/files/emacs-osx-10-25-03.dmg, and I'm having
a bunch of problems with the shell.  I think that all of them can be
traced to the fact that unlike other builds of emacs I've used, this one
doesn't allocate a tty to the shell.

I'm suprised that I'm the only person running into this problem, but I've
searched about everywhere I could think of and haven't turned up any
suggestions.

Can anybody tell me how I can get emacs to allocate a tty for the shell?
I'm comfortable modifying sources if necessary.

Thanks.

Andrew

--
Please include this line when replying.