Re: Rotating through buffer list

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Rotating through buffer list
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:46:22 +0200

David H McCracken <davidmccracken@juno.com> writes:

> Some versions of MicroEmacs have a next-buffer function to rotate through
> the open files but I can't find anything like this in GNU EMACS. Is there
> any way to do this other than by selecting each file from the buffer
> list?

There is M-x bury-buffer RET which allows you to rotate through the
open buffers.  (That may include non-file buffers.)

There are various add-on packages which allow you to rotate through
the buffer list.  An included one is iswitchb.  If you put
(iswitchb-default-keybindings) in ~/.emacs, then you can do C-x b and
then use C-s to rotate forward and C-r to rotate backward through the
buffer list.  After finding the right buffer, hit RET.

Kai