emacs 21.3 with X support?

From: Aaron Steele
Subject: emacs 21.3 with X support?
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:18:49 -0700

dear readers,

i've compiled gnu emacs 21.3 under linux redhat 8.0 with the following configuration:

<.configure>
./configure --with-x --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/include/X11/ --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/lib/
</.configure>

i would like to run emacs in X windows, but it always launches in terminal mode. here's a snippit of the verbose:

<snippit>
What window system should Emacs use?                    none
What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
Where do we find X Windows header files?                /usr/X11R6/lib/
Where do we find X Windows libraries? /usr/X11R6/include/X11/
Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   no
</snippit>

any initial thoughts?

thanks,
aaron