Re: Migrating from Jove - help?

From: gebser
Subject: Re: Migrating from Jove - help?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:40:01 -0400 (EDT)

I can answer the easy ones.

At 17:10 (UTC-0400) on Wed, 23 Jun 2004 Alan Ezust said:

= Using:GNU Emacs 21.3.1
=
= ....
= 2. What is the command to toggle line-wrap in the current buffer?
=    I did an "apropos wrap" and found no commands that actually toggle
= line-wrap.

M-x autofill RETURN

= 3. How do I toggle the display of line numbers?
=   I did an "apropos number", found a command called
=    "line-number-mode" but it seems not to do anything. Why is that?

M-x line-number-mode RETURN

Each time you execute the above you'll see an "L xx" (where xx is the
line number) (dis)appear from the bar above the minibuffer.  I guess you
have to know where to look to see it.

hth,
ken