Re: Disable copy to kill-ring with mouse-drag

From: Sandip Chitale
Subject: Re: Disable copy to kill-ring with mouse-drag
Date: 15 Jun 2004 15:39:15 -0700

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:<40CF1655.2070200@yahoo.com>...
> Sandip Chitale wrote:
>  > I really really really want to disable the copy-to-kill-ring behaviour
>  > with mouse-drag.
>  >
>  > I tried to comment out the code in mouse.el after finding out the call
>  > sequence using edebug. Here is the backtrace:
>  >
>  >   kill-new(#("kill-new" 0 8 (lazy-lock t face
>  > font-lock-function-name-face)))
>  >   copy-region-as-kill(65110 65102)
>  >   mouse-drag-region((down-mouse-1 (#<window 80 on simple.el> 65102 (62
>  > . 232) 21804553)))
>  > * call-interactively(mouse-drag-region)
>  >
>  > I commented the code in mouse.el. Byte compiled it and somehow the
>  > behaviour is still there.
>  >
>  > Anyone has any ideas?
>
> mouse.el[c] is dumped into the emacs executable (see loadup.el).

Thanks for the info Kevin. I did figure it out by looking at the
emacs.exe and then looking at the makefiles and some google searches.

Now I am reloading the my version of mouse.elc at the very top of my
.emacs. That does the trick. Is that the bet way? I was uanable to
dump the emacs on Windows XP.

Thansk anyway,
sandip