Re: Using the `Win' key as `Ctrl' in Emacs?

From: Xiaoyong Jin
Subject: Re: Using the `Win' key as `Ctrl' in Emacs?
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:23:41 +0800

On 18 Jun 2004 01:05:27 -0700
rob@tenfoot.org.uk (Rob Walker) wrote:

> > You are right.  It's [?\s-c].  But I want to re-map all right
> > control to right win key.  Because I used to pressing right
> > control whenever I want to press M-C-f, which I use my right
> > hand to press M-C and my left hand press f.
> >
> > It seems that this
> > (define-key key-translation-map [?\s] [?\C])
> > is useless in such a case.  And I can't find anything better
> > to solve my problem.
> >
> > Or should I used to using one caps lock key to do every job
> > including keybindings with control?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sincerely
>
> You need to add a translation for every key combination you want
> to use, so for M-C-f, you need:
> (define-key key-translation-map [(super meta ?f)] [(control meta
> ?f)])
>
> If you need a lot of these then you might be better using
> xmodmap
>
> Rob

Yes, I've used xmodmap.  I tried this:

xmodmap -e "add control = Super_R"

and it works at most circumstances but Emacs.  :-(
For emacs, super is still the super but not include in control,
while my browser, my terminal and any other program I use consider
that Super_R is one of control group.

So, I think it is a problem of emacs and could only be solved
under emacs own.  And if I need add a translation for every key
combination I want, it's insane, I'm afraid.

--

Simple is the best.  ;-)