Re: modifying movemail

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: modifying movemail
Date: 20 Jun 2004 07:42:14 +0200

Florian von Savigny <florian265@uboot.com> writes:
> So what to do? Is the little script Pascal has supplied in fact a
> functional replacement for movemail, which only has to be put in its
> place to work (or do I only have to apply the modification I have
> explained)?
>
> I am wondering why this is all so complex.

movemail can be complex because the locking mechanisms are not very
standardized, there are several of them, and they don't work on all
the file systems. See for example the problem you have with FAT!  My
script won't work 100% of the time.  It may work correctly 80% or
never or anything betweek 0% and 100%.

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert Heinlein