hide/show in dired

From: Enila Nero
Subject: hide/show in dired
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:21:59 GMT

I have looked around for hide/show functionality in dired, but
couldn't find anything.  What I mean, is to be able to give a regexp
and dired would limit the display to matching files only.  Then, to be
able to redisplay all the files.

This behavior would analogous to gnus-summary-limit-to-* and
gnus-summary-pop-limit in gnus, where articles are hidden and then
popped.

The closest functionality I found is the dired-omit-extensions in
dired-x.el and dired-wipe.el, but don't quite have the above
behavior.

Any help will be appreciated.

Enila