gnus-bbdb and gnus-private field

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: gnus-bbdb and gnus-private field
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:21:55 +0200

Hello.

I'm using BBDB 2.34, Gnus 5.10.6 and Emacs 21.3.1 on FreeBSD 5.2, and
have the following configuration in my gnus.el in order to use
bbdb-based mail splitting:

(setq nnmail-crosspost nil
      nnmail-split-methods 'bbdb/gnus-split-method
      bbdb/gnus-split-nomatch-function 'nnmail-split-fancy
      bbdb/gnus-split-myaddr-regexp gnus-ignored-from-addresses
      nnmail-split-fancy
      `(| (to "root@.+" "root")
          ("subject" ".*\\(mix\\|mdk\\|mixvm\\)" "mdk")
          < more rules >
          "spam"))

In addition, I've populated my bbdb records with the requisite
gnus-public and gnus-private fields. But, while the gnus-public-based
filtering works like a charm, mails from adresses in my bbdb database
with a gnus-private field (the name of a nnml group without the
nnml: prefix) are not split at all: all of them end up in the "spam"
group (the default for non-filtered mail).

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

jao
--
"It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students
that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they