Re: Changing key bindings of printable chars

From: Paul Batt
Subject: Re: Changing key bindings of printable chars
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:31:08 +0200

"Michael Slass" <miknrene@drizzle.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m3zn6s1qev.fsf@eric.rossnet.com">news:m3zn6s1qev.fsf@eric.rossnet.com...
> "Paul Batt" <paul@pbatt.ch> writes:
(...)
> I'm almost afraid to ask why you want this, but not quite.  Why do you
> want this?

Mike
I expected the question. The Z-Y thing is because I write German in an
English environment occasionally. English and German keyboards have Z and Y
replaced with each other. I could handle this by changing the keyboard
settings in the OS of course, but other (English tongue) people use the
computer also, and I might one day forget to switch back; they'd probably
kill me. Double-RET is because I use refill-mode and longlines-mode and I
found these to work better with an emtpy line between paragraphs (there is
also the idea with "hard" Returns, but this does not help much and besides
that I prefer two line feed paragraphs in plain ascii text anyway). So I
hope to somehow get my own minor mode working with Z and Y replaced and a
double line feed for my texts.
-Paul