Re: change textheight and set position

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: change textheight and set position
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:28:31 +0200

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> I'm looking for a way to copy some text and yank it with a different
> font-size in the middle of the line.  I tried using 'set-face-font',
> but that changes the font for some existing faces. It would be the
> best, if I would be able to choose just a different font style
> before I yank the text, e.g. Info-title-1-face. Does anybody have an
> idea?

Suggestion: yank the text with C-y.  Then reactivate the region with
C-x C-x.  Then use M-g to apply some text properties you like.  For
example, M-g o Info-title-1-face RET might do something you like.

Note, however, that if the buffer where you yank has font-lock
activated, then font-lock will override this manually specified
face.  This is a consequence of how font-lock works.  Perhaps it
helps to switch the buffer to enriched-mode before M-g.

Kai