Re: "Fontifying...done"

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: "Fontifying...done"
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:40:07 +1000

 Karl> Klaus Straubinger <KSNetz@UseNet.ArcorNews.DE> writes:
 >> | font-lock-verbose's value is 0
 >> |
 >> | Documentation: | *If non-nil, means show status messages for
 >> buffer fontification.  | If a number, only buffers greater than
 >> this size have fontification messages.
 >> |
 >> | You can customize this variable.
 >> |
 >> | Defined in `font-lock'.

 Karl> Unfortunately, it does not work for me.  The default on my
 Karl> system seems to be nil.  I also set the variable to other
 Karl> value, but I cannot make Emacs shut up.  I tried:

 Karl>     M-x set-variable RET font-lock-verbose RET 100000 RET

 Karl> -- | ,__o | _-\_<, http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/ | (*)/'(*)

I find I get the "fontifying...." message all the time when running
html-helper-mode and have not found a way of getting rid of it. I also
have the variable mentioned above set to nil. I have not checked
html-helper-mode load hooks etc to see if perhaps it is setting the
variable directly, nor have I checked the variable's value while
within an html-helper-mode buffer (maybe I should be using lazy-user-mode!).

I don't get this problem with any other mode, which is why I suspect
its something the mode is setting itself.

Tim
--
Tim Cross