Re: Learning C++ with Emacs?

From: Danny Anderson
Subject: Re: Learning C++ with Emacs?
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:31:01 -0400

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:18:59 -0700, Cecil wrote:

> and if I have to, I'll just email source to myself at school. Am I
> making a mistake choosing to learn Emacs to learn C++? I have heard it
> refered to as a dinosaur whose time has come and gone, but I can't
> really run X well. So, I have to broaden my mind and leave preconceived
> ideas and notions behind.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Cecil

Emacs is an excellent tool to use while learning to code c++.  There is a
very real learning curve, one that I am quite sure I am still scaling
myself,  but, once you get going, you will find out that you have a very
powerful editor at your command.

It is my choice of editors for coding c++, perl, php and the like.  I
really like the fact that is can be very easy to customize once you learn
how the .emacs file works.

Try it out- it is my opinion that you will learn c++ better by using Emacs
than by using the Visual c++ editor.

Danny