Re: split-window documentation

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: split-window documentation
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:23:07 GMT

"Matthias" <cimosque@free.fr> wrote in message
yg7iscuvqqr.fsf@fermat.math.uvsq.fr">news:yg7iscuvqqr.fsf@fermat.math.uvsq.fr...
> function `split-window' may return the following error:

>  Window height 3 too small (after splitting)

> This feature is not documented in the elisp manual nor the doc spec of
> `split-window'. May one give me some information so that I can add
> some test in my function?

It is hardly surprising that there should be such a
limit.  Since you now know emacs' low limit on window
height and how the split-window function behaves, I
should think that you could avoid the error by
checking your situation using function window-height.

Regards,
  David V.

PS - Interestingly, by adjusting the size of my frame,
I can persuade emacs to display a window in a single
line.  It gives up the echo/minibuffer line first,
then the mode line - but it still works!