Re: how to %g/notice/d

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: how to %g/notice/d
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:33:32 -0600

nick wrote:
> o you can write a macro (as kgold suggested) that remembers the
> keystrokes you type while you are doing *one* deletion, go to the top
> of the buffer and then invoke the macro N times (with a prefix
> argument of course), where N is some number greater or equal to the
> number of occurrences of the word ``notice'' in your file.

Don't guess what N is, just use 0.  (I've always thought 0 was a poor
choice for `C-x e's special prefix arg.  0 should mean execute 0 times; a
negative number should mean execute until error.)

> In my case, I have bound the mark-whole-buffer function to a function
> key, since I use it very often, so the resulting operation is shorter.
> In my .emacs, I have
>
> (define-key global-map [f9] 'mark-whole-buffer)

mark-whole-buffer is bound by default to `C-x h'.

> C-u M-| sed 'notice/d' RET

That should be: C-u M-| sed '/notice/d' RET

--
Kevin Rodgers