Re: language settings - solved

From: Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle
Subject: Re: language settings - solved
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:40:59 +0200

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:26:31 +0200
Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle <ray@nabuli.de> wrote:

> I am running Debian Sarge on my Notebook (an old one, btw).  I
> reinstalled Sarge a couple of days ago and since that I seem no longer
> to be able to let emacs come up with the german Umlaute (I am using a
> US keyboard).  Up to that reinstallation I just used Ctrl \ and mule
> behaved the (I think usual) way to show an "a" with two dots above
> after pressing "a
>
> Nowadays this aint gonna work no more ... and I don't know why.  I
> suppose I made a stupid mistake but obviously I am too blind to see
> it.  Can anybody help?

I skipped my .emacs and started customization all over again, this
time step by step to find out, what gets in the way ... and finaly
found it.  It's:

  '(highlight-completion-mode t nil (highlight-completion))

If this set, the language switch (Ctrl \) doesn't work no more.  With
this feature turned off, everything runs fine.

's this a bug?

Whatever: thank you again for your help

ray