Re: file name Completion in Shell (cmd.exe) on Emacs (MS Windows)

From: Sandip Chitale
Subject: Re: file name Completion in Shell (cmd.exe) on Emacs (MS Windows)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:07:52 -0700

"Carsten Weinberg" <cweinberg@freenet.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.685.1090303150.1960.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...
> Sandip Chitale wrote:
>
> >Folks,
> >
> >Is there any way to make the file name completion correctly in a shell in
> >Windows emacs?
> >

> run bash in windows emacs.

Some times I *have* to run the windows cmd.exe.

I do run bash some times. However the file name completion is intercepted by
emacs shell.el which runs into same problem.
The cygwin bash avoids the problem by using /cygdrive single rooted file
system instead of multiple drives.

Thanks for your suggestion but it does not help me.

Regards,
Sandip