Newbie: no color in emacs 20.7

From: Beetlenut
Subject: Newbie: no color in emacs 20.7
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:43:35 +0200

Hello,

sorry about this question. But i'm totally lost. I can't get colors in my emacs on Debian Linux 3.0.
Im .emacs i activated font-global-lock as found in the docs.
I have to similar systems with the same Debian distri. One system i have colors, on the other not. Search the FAQ and (part) of the docs but i think i need a livetime to read it all. Good description how to activate color highlighting (which is btw activated as i can see in the settings) but my display is probaly run out of it (only in emacs).

Can anybody help?