emerge-files trough tramp fails

From: Sebastien Kirche
Subject: emerge-files trough tramp fails
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:33:03 +0200

Hi,

i have just seen the possibilities of file editing through tramp and i tried
the following : merging a local .gnus file at work with another at home.

Emerge-files fails with the following :
\ No newline at end of file
\ No newline at end of file

The both  files have same ancestor  that is iso-latin-1 encoded  and both do
have a final newline that i have added for the purpose of test.

The first file  is located locally on my  mac G4 at work, the  remote one is
accessed by means of tramp with the following syntax :
/multi:ssh:seki@mygateway:ssh:seki@mypersonalhost:/home/seki/.gnus.d/.gnus

If  i  try  to  edit  individually  the  files  i  can  browse  the  content
successfully. And they *have* a final newline.

Maybe it is due to tramp ?

Anybody can tell me what is wrong or if it is a bug ? Thanks.

Sébastien Kirche