Re: how to auto-display picture ?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: how to auto-display picture ?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:07:10 +0200

On Wed, Sep 08 2004, Rokia wrote:

> now my gnus can display pictures. but it can show it only after click
> the file name and press 'E'.
>
> it's so boring. how can I make it display pics automatic?

By default, parts of type image/* are displayed automatically if they
can be displayed inline (see below).  AFAIK this should be the case
with your Emacs/21.3.50 (windows-nt) unless the image is too large (or
the image type isn't supported by Emacs).

Maybe you need to add "image/.*" to `mm-automatic-external-display'.

,----[ (info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") ]
| `mm-inlined-types'
|      This, on the other hand, says what types are to be displayed
|      inline, if they satisfy the conditions set by the variable above.
|      It's a list of MIME media types.
|
| `mm-automatic-display'
|      This is a list of types that are to be displayed "automatically",
|      but only if the above variable allows it.  That is, only inlinable
|      parts can be displayed automatically.
|
| `mm-automatic-external-display'
|      This is a list of types that will be displayed automatically in an
|      external viewer.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--