RE: read-key-sequence(-vector) on Shift left/right gives[left]/[right],

From: Charles_Davis
Subject: RE: read-key-sequence(-vector) on Shift left/right gives[left]/[right], not [S-left]/[S-right]
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:08:35 -0400

      I hope that I can piggy-back on this thread to get a clue to the
problem I posted last week.  It seems germane, but I don't know enough to
know how it applies.

I cannot seem to get Emacs to recognize either the control or shift
modifiers for any of the arrow or 6-pack keys.  Only the meta-key modifier
seems to be recognized.  Is there some variable I need to set to make the
use of control and shift modifiers of these keys possible?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Charles Davis